US President Joe Biden has instructed to allocate for Ukraine a new $600 million military aid package, according to the White House press service.
What is included in the new package?
- Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS);
- 36,000 105mm artillery rounds;
- 1,000 precision-guided 155mm artillery rounds;
- Four counter-artillery radars;
- Four trucks and eight trailers to transport heavy equipment;
- Counter-Unmanned Aerial Systems;
- Mine clearing equipment;
- Claymore anti-personnel munitions;
- Demolition munitions and equipment;
- Small arms and ammunition;
- Night vision devices, cold weather gear, and other field equipment.
The Pentagon also stressed that the United States has provided in total about $15.8 billion in security assistance to Ukraine since the beginning of the Biden administration.